I’m a chocolate lover and I love anything in chocolaty taste. I found this chocolate chiffon recipe online some time ago, but I can’t remember the actual source. It was saved in word file in my laptop, without the proper website link.
The recipe required 18cm chiffon mold but since I do not have the exact size, and baked the bake with 20cm cake mold, my cake was rather short. Nonetheless, it tasted perfectly chocolaty well.
Egg Yolk Batter :
30g castor sugar
1/4 tsp fine salt
50g vegetable oil
30g cocoa powder mixed with 100ml hot water
100g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
White Egg Meringue :
4 egg white
60g caster sugar
- Whisk egg yolk and sugar until well incorporated.
- Add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add in milk and mix well.
- Add in sifted flour, baking powder and salt to form a thicker batter. Set aside.
- Beat egg white with sugar in high speed until stiff peak.
- Scope 1/3 of the meringue and fold in with the yolk batter until well mixed.
- Then, add in the rest of the meringue and fold the batter until incorporated.
- Baked in preheated oven at 160C for 35 – 45 minutes. (My cake was done in 35 minutes)