I’m so sorry that it took me so long to post the tutorial. I have been pretty busy and crazy lately, so blogging is the last thing I had on mind. 😛
Anyway, here’s the tutorial as promised! Let’s start with the ingredients for pineapple tarts:
250gm butter (salted), please don’t use Buttercup, Butterblend or Farmcows, it’s not real butter75gm caster sugar170gm cream (I used whipping cream, dairy of course!)
50gm cream cheese
3 egg yolks
400gm cake flour
30gm corn starch
One more yolk for glazing
1. Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese together.
2. When it comes together, pour in cream and whip on medium speed (I used speed 2 on my hand mixer) for 10 minutes. Scrape the sides from time to time. It may look lumpy, don’t worry, later it’ll turn all creamy.
3. Beat in egg yolks for 1 minute.
4. Sift both flours and pour half of it into buttery mixture. Mix on low speed until it comes together and pour in the remaining flour and beat until it comes together. Do not over mix.
5. Let dough sit for 10 minutes minimum before you start wrapping your jam with it. (I chilled the dough for more than 30 minutes instead)
- For the mandarin oranges, I mixed some orange food color into a small amount of dough and form the shape. A clove was added on top as decoration.
Here’s how I shaped the tarts:
Bake the pineapple tarts at 160deg for 20 minutes. Once cool off, you may store them in air tight container. I gave out all these fancy tarts to friends and teachers, so I have to make another batch for Chinese New Year, if I have the time to redo the pineapple paste!